COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
INFORMATION FOR CUSTOMERS.
Although we aim to provide you with the highest standards of products and service, there may be occasions when our service does not meet your expectations. If such an event occurs, we are committed to dealing with any complaint or dispute arising in an efficient and effective manner.
We have a system for dealing with complaints and disputes, at no cost to you. This document sets out how it works and what is required to lodge a complaint or a dispute.
Where you are dissatisfied with our products, services or in the handling of a complaint, and you expect a response or resolution from us, you can use this process.
The steps in the process are as follows:-
- Notify us of the complaint.We cannot deal with the complaint unless we know about it. Whilst we would prefer that you advise us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 1800 SWOOSH; or by mail: PO Box 256, Ashmore, QLD, 4214.Generally, we will be in a position to deal with the matter immediately. If we are unable to do so immediately, the matter will be referred to a more senior person. It is our intention to deal with all matters of complaint as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
- Complete complaint documentation.Where the matter cannot be resolved to your satisfaction within 24 hours of you making a complaint, details of it will be recorded in our Complaints Register. If we do not have enough information, we will seek it from you. We may ask you to complete a complaint form.
- NotificationWe will acknowledge the receipt of your complaint within 2 business days of its receipt. We will also notify you of the procedures we will undertake as a result of your complaint.
- InvestigationYour complaint will be investigated. The person with the ultimate responsibility for its investigation is our Complaints Officer who may be contacted using the following contact details:
Phone: 1800 SWOOSH
- Our aim is to have the matter resolved within 21 days of receiving your complaint. It may be as a result of the complexity or other reasons, that we may require more time to properly consider your complaint. If we require additional time beyond 21 days, we will notify you. We expect that no complaint will take more than 45 days to resolve.
- Referral to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme.If you are not satisfied with the resolution proposed by us, you can take the matter further.If the complaint relates to a financial service, you can refer it to our External Dispute Resolution Scheme. We are a member of The Australian Financial Complaints Authority or ‘AFCA’ , a scheme approved by ASIC. External dispute resolution is a free service established to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.The contact details for AFCA are as follows:
The Australian Financial Complaints Authority
Phone 1800 931 678
Mail Mail GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC, 3001
If the matter relates to privacy, you may take the matter up with the Privacy Commissioner. The contact details for the Privacy Commissioner, in the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, are as follows:-Privacy Commissioner
Phone 1300 363 992
Fax 02 9284 9666
Mail GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Complaint form forms.business.gov.au/aba/oaic/privacy-complaint
There is no charge to you (except for the provision of documents where you request them from us) for the use of this procedure. The services of CIO and the Privacy Commissioner are made available at no charge to you.