It’s that time of the year again when you’re trying to work and your kids are bored! How do you keep them busy these school holidays without spending a fortune?
Don’t sweat it, we can help! If you need a small loan to get you through, apply here
Alternatively here are some free and cheap ideas to keep you busy these holidays.
School Holiday Activities In New South Wales
- Sydney Dance Company
Workshops are for beginner to intermediate dancers and cover a variety of different styles.
- Drop-In Activity Room – Australian Museum
Weave whales & other sea creatures using recycled materials. The activity held at the Australian Museum
- The Jungle Book
A brand-new production of The Jungle Book is on at Vaucluse House. The concert-style show features original songs, interactive fun and multimedia.
- Visit a Wildlife Park – These can include Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Mogo Zoo, Australian Reptile Park
- Discover pretty towns in the Blue Mountains and the Southern Highlands. Take a road trip to the CSIRO Parkes Radio Telescope
- Augmented Reality Sandbox
Head to Customs House to experience a sandpit like no other. Build mountains, valleys, rivers and even volcanoes using sand and 3D visualisation technology.
- Visit an Aquatic Centre
School Holiday Activities In Queensland
- Forest Oak Light Spectacular
One of the most festive roads on the Gold Coast. Almost every house on this road is covered in Christmas lights!
- Snow4Kids – get the kids out and about in the city of Brisbane. More details on this event here
- Fruit picking – Find out the best farms here
- Picnic – There are so many beautiful places to relax and enjoy the view on the Coast.
Here are a few of our favourites – Burleigh Heads, Tallai, Bundall (Evandale Parklands), Currumbin Rock Pools
For other ideas, browse this informative site
School Holiday Activities In Victoria
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Collingwood Children’s Farm
- Animal Land Children’s Farm
- Picnic in the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Pixar Putt
Located on the River Terrace at Federation Square, guests can choose between playing 9-holes for a bit of fun or just keep putting on the 18-hole course.
School Holiday Activities In Perth
- Christmas in the City – From a Christmas Lights trail (including a castle you can walk through!) to carnivals with bouncy castles, a Santa mailbox, nativities and more.
- State Theatre of WA – check out what’s on here
- BHP Billiton Water Park
BHP Water Park is a welcoming free community space for West Australian families and visitors to enjoy. The major attraction at BHP Water Park is an interactive water feature that uses jets and lighting to create fun and exciting water choreography.
- Whiteman Park
Choose from the Caversham Wildlife Park, Children’s Forest or Woodland Reserve. More information here
Kids Sports Club, HBF Stadium
Activities include mini Olympics, soccer, hip hop dancing, tabloid sports, water polo, basketball, netball, ultimate Frisbee, dodge-ball and more.
Pirate Ship Mandurah
Lots of fun for kids, especially viewing the Christmas Lights from the canals. Find more information here